Follow my blog

Monday 18 June 2012

Day 8: Cosmos European Masterpiece: Florence - Sorrento


Unfortunately today we had to leave my favourite Italian city for Sorrento.  We drove down the highway taking in the remarkable scenery including spotting Vesuvius who according to our local tour guide is overdue for another eruption.  There’s a comforting thought!

Eventually we made it to Sorrento and our bus snaked along the winding roads to the sounds of “oohs and ahhs” as we spotted scenery that just seemed to get better and better.  I think most of us are getting quite good at taking photos from the moving bus though we still here the cry of “TREE!” when someone tries and fails to get a photo of a sight courtesy of all the bloody trees.

We arrived at our hotel and were given time to relax before the optional excursion “Sorrento Flavours”.  I was supposed to do it but I was a bit headachey and my knees were still feeling a bit icky so I decided to have the night in bed and hope I slept all my aches and pains away.

No comments:

Post a Comment